The Text Box field is a replacement for both the standard text input and textarea fields. It combines both to create a field that supports text formatting and validation rules.
Add as a submodulegit submodule add git://github.com/rowan-lewis/textboxfield.git extensions/textboxfield --recursive
- Boolean searching with the
- Regular expression searching with the
- Partial searching with
- The above filters can be negated by prefixing with
- Text formatter and validation rule support.
- Output grouping on handle.
- 'Raw' output mode for unformatted data.
- Parameter output support.
- Limit the number of characters that can be entered.
- Limit the number of characters shown in publish table columns.
- Handles are always unique.
Upload the 'textboxfield' folder in this archive to your Symphony 'extensions' folder.
Enable it by selecting the "Field: Text Box", choose Enable from the with-selected menu, then click Apply.
You can now add the "Text Box" field to your sections.
Requires Symphony 2.3
- General cleanup of Field to align closer with the core implementations.
- Added Italian translation.
- Fix character limiter feature, now with better UTF-8 support.
- Add 'None' when the Textbox field is the first display column and the entry has no data so the entry link is created.
Requires Symphony 2.3
- General maintenance for Symphony 2.3.
- Added German translation.
- Fixed issue where text formatter was causing corrupt handles.
- Sorting is now done on
handle, rather than
valuefor a speed boost.
- Fix empty elements appearing in the XML.
Symphony 2.2 to 2.2.5
- Fixed incorrect setting name for
- Don't rely on MySQL to create tables with the MyISAM, do it ourself.
Requires Symphony 2.1
- Added checkbox to wrap output in CDATA regardless of formatting.
- Added checkbox to toggle inclusion of handles in output.
- Output values instead of handles as parameters if handles are disabled.
- A couple of other minor issues.
- Improved upgrade process.
- Added a setting that lets you display more than 75 characters in publish table columns.
- Really fixed the upgrade issues, really!
- Changed the way handles are created to make sure they are always unique.
- Fixed issue where upgrades for 2.0.9 where not being applied due to a Symphony bug.
- Added a fancy interface to select filter modes when editing data sources.
- Added ability to limit input to a specified length.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
- Added 'raw' output mode to get unformatted data.
- Added delegates to modify the publish panel.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues with data sanitisation.
- This is a complete rewrite of the old extension, it isn't backwards compatible, so don't try to upgrade.