A slider with a configurable value range that can either be used with a single handle (select a single value) or with two handles (select a value range).
Add as a submodulegit submodule add https://github.com/twiro/slider.git extensions/slider --recursive
Symphony CMS : Slider Field
A slider with a configurable value range (minimum – maximum, e.g.
100) that can either be used with a single handle (select a single value, e.g.
50) or with two handles (select a value range, e.g.
- Upload the
/sliderfolder in this archive to your Symphony
- Go to the System > Extensions in your Symphony admin area.
- Enable the extension by selecting the 'Slider Field', choose 'Enable' from the 'With Selected…' menu, then click 'Apply'.
- You can now add the 'Slider' field to your sections.
- Minimum value * : Determines the lower end of the sliders number range.
- Maximum value * : Determines the upper end of the sliders number range.
- Start value * : Determines the initial value of the slider and therefore the position of the (first) handle. 1
- Incremental value : Determines the amount/interval the slider changes on movement. 2
- Enable range mode : Determines whether the slider will use one or two handles. 3
* Mandatory parameters.<br/>
1) It goes without saying that this value should be in the range defined by the first two configuration parameters.<br/>
2) The full specified value range of the slider (minimum – maximum) should be evenly divisible by this value. Default is
3) One handle allows for selecting and storing a single value. Two handles allow for selecting and storing a range of values.
- The field currently only supports natural numbers (
3,…) as values for 'Minimum value', 'Maximum value', 'Start value and 'Incremental value'.
- There is no parameter to set a default 'End value' when using the slider in range mode. The predefined range will consist of the 'Start value' and a second value that's automatically calculated by adding the 'Incremental value' to the 'Start value'.
- less than 1
- greater than
1) Version 0.2 uses the term "smaller than" instead. This syntax is marked as deprecated and won't be supported in future major releases of this extension.
Documentation and examples regarding the filtering syntax can be found in the extension's github wiki.
Entries filtered by slider field will be returned as result …
- ... if the entry's slider defines a single value and a single filter value is equal to that value.
- ... if the entry's slider defines a single value that lies within a range of filter values.
- ... if the entry's slider defines a value range and a single filter value is within that range.
- ... if the entry's slider defines a value range that lies within a range of filter values.
Symphony 2.3.0 to 2.5.x
- Added prepareTableValue (2.5 compatibility)
Symphony 2.3.0 to 2.4.x
- General Code cleanup
- Added validation and error messages for the field's configuration settings
- Added (dynamic) default values for configuration parameters "Start value" and "Increment value"
- Updated Settings Layout
- Removed tables from readme, outsourced the chapter "Filtering syntax" to github wiki
Symphony 2.3.0 to 2.4.x
- Moved from jQuery UI to noUislider
- Refactored, fixed and extended filtering functions
- Minor updates to improve 2.3 compatibility
- General code cleanup
- Rewrote and extended the readme
- Added tests
Requires Symphony 2.3.0